Isle of Palms, SC

We snuck away from our everydays this week and beached/Charleston-ed. 
We were supposed to take Gma/Gpa R and Lindsey with us, but due to some unseen hiccups, they were unable to come. So, we invited some new friends along instead. We had a lovely time, soaking up the sun in the early morning (9am-noon, Soren in orange) then again after naps (5-7pm, Soren in blue). 
I took some pictures, are you surprised?
We spent our beach day at Isle of Palms (just northeast of Charleston), at the county park where there were showers, bathrooms, and parking (all things that make for a great beach day).

Z dove right in for some boogie boarding, but also spent some good time building sand fortresses. Note his crazy hair, which is still with us.
 

I haven't had the chance to mention it here yet, but Brandon is Soren's new FAVORITE person. As in, whenever B is around, Soren is reaching out for him. And when I try and pull Soren away, he backbends and fusses and Brandon smiles and feels awesome. It's hard to be popular, we've always said.
In case you're worried for me getting my feelings hurt about this, don't be. When he backbends and fusses, I've been known to hand him right back and run away chanting, "I'm free I'm free!!" :) And sometimes we can really use it to our advantage. For instance, during the morning beach visit, Soren was actually quite content to chill underneath the umbrella/BOB shade (for, like, hours), as long as Brandon stayed close.

Annie loved having this little fellow as a play date at the beach. 
She's a bit of a mother hen to him and his long-eyelashed little brother seen below, but he didn't seem to mind. Also seen below are the mama of these cuties (in pink) and their wonderful older sister who was a huge help the whole trip. I missed getting a picture of the papa, lucky. :) Next time.

Like the morning hours, when we returned in the evening Soren was mostly content to just sit in the shade and play (I even got to be the one to accompany him--we snuck B into the water with the big kids before Soren could notice he was gone). Soren tried for a long while to get this thing on his head, like a hat. So pleased with himself when it worked, he was. Such a cutie, he is.

Below are my absolute favorite shots of the day. 
Annie conquered her fear of the waves this visit, with vigor. She owned those jumps, y'all. :)
 
How glorious it was to be back at the beach. 
Next up: Charleston.

Comments

walt or jean said…
Ocean angels! Can't wait to see the laughing, dimpled boy.
JMG said…
I need to find a job there and move! Having any connections in health care marketing?! Your family is growing so fast--what a bunch of cutie kids!

Julie
JMG said…
I need to find a job there and move! Having any connections in health care marketing?! Your family is growing so fast--what a bunch of cutie kids!

Julie
Avery Wilson said…
South Carolina has always been one of my favorite places to visit. Since both my husband and I want to live closer to the beach we started researching isle of palms real estate. I think it would be a great place to raise a family and it is just so beautiful!

Popular Posts