How about them apples?

The other morning, our play group went apple picking. Annie thought she'd died and gone to heaven--real apples from a TREE just like her book at PRESCHOOL?! 
We aim to please, folks.
We carpooled up, close-ish to the camping site from last weekend, parked on the side of the road, and filled up our bags for $5 a pop. 
Having grown up in Tucson, I never experienced things like this fall harvest time gloriousness (although I seem to remember a certain little brother or brother's friend who "harvested" one of my parents' citrus trees a few weeks too early one year). It's like magic to be able to pick them right off the tree. Not to mention, I spend over a dollar an apple at the grocery store right now and we eat a lot of apples. I should have had my picker pick more bags.
 
Apple picking in South Carolina, check! (You can tell I wrote this post 5 minutes after the previous one. One-track mind with the "check" thing, sorry about that.) I bought dried apples at the stand as well, yum. Thank you Bryson's.
***
Our "little dude" (newest nickname, better than the previous "darling" or "dolly" for obvious reasons) doesn't like his car seat much, and cried-before-sleeping both up and back. Silly kid still won't take a binky. Still, would that we could all look so cute in a blue one-piece jumpsuit (Seth's originally, right Tina?).

Comments

JMG said…
so jealous. . .I've picked apples in Michigan and Maine and it is just the epitome of Autumn!

Popular Posts