Today was better than Yesterday

Okay here's the thing. My mom's visit was coming to an end: Friday's say-goodbye was looming and this little boy was not making his arrival.
I was not doing very well.
So this morning, we decided to check into the possibility of a teensy bit longer stay. 
Well, first we went for a walk/jog (we are trying everything). 
Then we called Delta. 
And if you can believe it, we talked to a real human being who took pity on us and extended the stay with basically less-than-no hang-ups. 
I wept on the phone.
Then we celebrated. Can you guess where we celebrated?

 

Where else would we celebrate?
Hee hee. VICTORY. 

It was a cloudless day, hot enough that the cool water was fantastic. The kids played nicely together, Zane broke the boogie board, Gigi jumped the waves vicariously for all other family members, I waddled around catching strange looks from everyone, and Brandon lost his sunglasses 4 minutes after purchasing them. What else could you ask for?




Sure, baby has still not made his debut. But today, for the first day in weeks, we were actually relieved he waited.

Happy beaching!



Comments

alliehoopes said…
Haiku style comment:

My dear Michelley
Now I have a rhyme for you
I love your belly!
Ann Marie said…
YEA!!! Beach and Gigi. I think the baby just wanted to go to the beach one more time. Now he will come.
Ann Marie said…
YEA!!! Beach and Gigi. I think the baby just wanted to go to the beach one more time. Now he will come.
megfutbol said…
Loved this post. Thinking of you. I bet a day at the beach, and a sigh of relief is all the little one needed and he'll be on his way soon.