more of me..

Hi there. How are you. I'm good. It's been awhile. (actually michelle, it's only been 3 days.)

So I've discovered a new hobby. ready for it? reading. books. believe it. incredible.

My excuse for being a bit of a non-reader in the past has been 2-fold. One, I don't have time for it. Two, I don't know what to read.

Well guess what, there's time in the evening if you don't watch the Food Network all night long (no offense, emmy. we'll be forever changed after our vegan-cupcake-wars night).

And guess what else, this house is FILLED with books. As in books in every crease and corner. Books on tables. in shelves. in the refrigerator (just to see if jon reads this far). ficton, non-fiction, travel, encyclopedia, religion, self help, you name it, they've got it. There are no excuses for non-reading.

I started small, with a "novella" by Wallace Stegnar. I was sucked in by the fact that it was 100 or so pages.

Now I'm onto Markus Zusak's "The Book Thief." Pretty awesome stuff I tell you.

Hopefully I can continue to feed and clothe my children. And to smile at my husband. We'll see.

Here's a little more of Annie and that fabulous outside playground we continue to visit 1-2 times a day (I incorrectly wrote 1-22 at first. I almost left it. funnier that way):
We are too lucky.

Oh yeah, and one more thing about my new hobby. At least it's not my kids' new hobby:

Wrecking the house, and doing a bang-up job of it. Don't worry, today they had help:

Life is good. Messy. Wet. Full of words on a page. But good.

I was also going to comment on how walking a dog at 7am in the awakening swampy swamp is better than doing it at 8:30 when it (meaning the swampy swamp) is fully awake. Lots of sweat.

Yeah, I'll save those comments for another riveting post. :)

Comments

Jenny said…
You need to be on goodreads.com! I love Wallace Stegner. Right now I'm reading "The Whistling Season" by Ivan Doig and loving it! email me jvanaken04@msn.com and I'll send you an invite to be friends on goodreads. It's a great way to share book recommendations.
Jenny said…
Never mind, you're already my friend on goodreads! I just checked. So now you actually have to start using it!
Jen and Johnny said…
Mich~elle.... my Belle!!!! Hey there lovely girl!! It has been a long time! I think you are just fantastic!! I am just wondering what part of Florida you are in......??
We are going to be there this weekend.... we are coming on Saturday and then leaving on Wednesday and I just wanted to see if we are close enough to see you. We are staying in Daytona Beach. Let me know! I would absolutely LOVE to see you and your cute family..... and my kids would love some other kids to play with!!! XOXOXO
Brenny said…
Books are wonderful dear friends. I still think about 'The Book Thief' and am glad he is good and has found another friend. Love the picture of Annie -- I didn't comment last time, but the one of her yelling for Brandon to throw Zane was great.
Ann Marie said…
Reading is great! I highly recommend it. I didn't like Ivan Doig's last book so didn't know about reading his new one THE WHISTLING SEASON but if you friend Jenny likes it I will give it a go. I wrote a poem about reading - it king of gets your housework priorities in order. :)


When in the midst of a good book I find -
That to housework I'm totally blind-
Take time to cook-
I'm not done with my book-
You've got to be out of your mind.
Ann Marie said…
Sorry about the types

Popular Posts