Guest Post: B and Z go hiking after Christmas

With man-made attractions getting so much attention, you may not know think of Florida as a place full of natural beauty. Payne's Prairie is one of my favorite places to see natural Florida. I like it because I can actually see a vista (important for a westerner). Zane and I went walking there today:

The prairie is just South of Gainesville, and used to be a lake until a sink hole opened up and drained the lake ~100 years ago. The Prairie is home to Bison, Horses, birds, otters, snakes, turtles, fish, and alligators. We saw this momma and baby alligator:

Just around the corner, we saw ten more gators:


This one almost got Zane:

Need I mention that it was stuffed?

It was a great afternoon.

Even when we got back to the trees.

Can't think of a better way to prolong Christmas than by enjoying God's beautiful earth with a curious little boy.

Comments

Ann Marie said…
I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon either. How fun to see things through Zane's eyes.

Popular Posts