Thankful part 2

(ps--if this post makes you gag, just think to yourself, "well at least she's not showing off any more of those ridiculous bags!")

I've been having this thought lately; it is somewhere along the lines of, "Wow, I have never been happier than this." Arrogant, I know! but I can't get it out of my head.

So what is the matter with me? Are my kids still crazy and exhausting? you betcha. have I lost weight? heck no! Has Annie busted out with superior language skills? nope, not yet. Has my hair stopped being a complete enigma to me? Have I miraculously mastered cooking and cleaning and time management? Am I a perfectly adoring wife, and patient mommy? Am I buff? Have I started remembering friends' and extended family members' birthdays? The list of "no, not even close, still working tirelessly" goes on and on.

And yet, as I held my little lady's hand yesterday while cleaning up after lunch and listened to her giggles, I was HIT with her sweetness, her perfectness.

when my husband got home from work, I was HIT with how much I love him, how good he is for me and for our family. And as I think about other special people in my life, I can't help but be HIT by thankfulness for their goodness to me and my family.

it must be getting close to Thanksgiving; apparently, someone upstairs doesn't want me to gloss over it, like I do with every holiday.

So, believe it. I've never been happier than I am right now. check that, I'm hungry. :) but soon...

Here are some pictures from a recent play date. Here's to November in Florida, yo. and to annie's dimples and giggles. and to zane's grown-up-ness. and to me talking during pictures. and to that hair of mine...sigh.





Comments

Brenny said…
'Am I buff?' You make me giggle. Happy, happy pictures and post. It is never an arrogant thing to be happy with life. At least that is my opinion, especially because it doesn't happen as often as it should that we are truly content with were we are. Definitely a thing to share.
Thanks for sharing your thankfulness, it makes me happy to know you're so happy.

Oh, and those bags are not ridiculous, they're awesome! ;)
Maria said…
Who on earth thinks that being happy is arrogant? I say, if you're happy, yell it from the rooftops! It's wonderful to hear about some happiness in this stressful world! :)

Glad you're doing awesome!
Kjerstin said…
First, you know I love your hair and would trade you for mine in a heartbeat! Second, I never get tired of seeing the amazing way you put together colors with your fabric choices. You have an eye for coordination that most of us can only marvel at. Lastly, isn't the point to be happy? Not because everything is perfect, but because we can find joy in the imperfections.

It's late. I'm rambling. What's new? :)

You're the best!
alliehoopes said…
i'm here to also say that 'am i buff?' was my favorite moment of the day so far.

Popular Posts