who needs a life, when I can just sew? and other things

So 11:30pm on Saturday night, I remembered the boys were supposed to all have ties for the Primary Program (a Sunday set aside for the children in our church to present to the rest of the congregation everything they've learned that year through talks and songs) the next day. Doh! We don't have a tie for Zane. missed the boat.

Luckily, I had found this tutorial earlier in the week (but hadn't done it immediately, for fear that I would actually get something done EARLY. THAT wouldn't be like me.) and I had a hunch that it was an easy solution. (oh and by the way, the tie link is also in my sidebar under my new list of bomb things to do and make and cook.)

26 minutes or so later (ensuring that I could still get to bed before midnight, when I turn into a pumpkin) it was finished. Of course I couldn't get a good picture on the actual day, but just picture this tie:
on this little boy:
Pretty cool. And how cool is it to live in a world where I can say to myself, "Hmm, I wonder how to make a boy's tie from a man's tie," google it, and find not only someone else who's also wondered it, but has taken the initiative and put up a TUTORIAL so that 26 minutes later, I can instead say, "Hmm, now I know how to make a boy's tie from a man's tie." So empowering! (and notice when she posted it too..just a couple of weeks ago. serendipity!)

Okay so truth be told, it's a little small. In which case, happy birthday, cousin Marshall! Watch for it in the mail. But it's great to know how to do it. beware all you ladies having boy babies; there's finally something bomb to make for you. since you probably don't want a tutu.

Comments

I wish I had a little boy to try it on.
Marigold said…
Hi there! I'm Marigold from Hideous! Dreadful! Stinky! and I did the tutorial for the boy's tie that you mentioned in this post. I've *just* started a Flickr pool for completed projects based on and/or inspired by my tutorials and blog entries, and I'd love to have you post your completed tie in the pool. The Flickr group can be found here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1309748@N20/
Thanks so much, and I hope to see your project in the group!

Popular Posts